connections for gardening watering system

I ordered a kit of parts to make up a sprinkler system for my vegetable plot. The main run is in 13 mm black plastic pipe and it has elbows, T's and straight connectors which are just ribbed plastic inserts which push into the pipe.

I need some more connectors. I can either get them at about 80p each from the original supplier and get stung for a =A36 postage charge or pay B&Q or a garden centre when they will cost around =A32 each. These are only tuppenny bits of plastic so I know I'm getting ripped off either way.

Yes I know I'm being tight fisted but sometimes I refuse to pay up until I know I've checked out other possibilities.

Has anybody come across a cheaper solution?

Reply to
andyv

for straight ones

76p for tees

don't know about delivery.

Have you tried camping accessory shops near you?

Reply to
Phil L

andyv :

eBay, search for "irrigation"

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Was going to say that should be prefixed with "colonic", but then realised he said "tight fisted", and not "tight ar..." ;-)

I was a mug, and paid out for loads of the Hozelock branded accessories. You are right - they are a complete rip off when you consider what they must cost to make.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

In article , andyv writes

I've used these guys before:

from 18p ea, post 4.99

Reply to
fred

This one looks a better bet. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
andyv