Connecting TV to aerial

My daughter has recently moved houses. The property is well decorated, however there are no connections for the TV aerial. Is there anyway to bring leads from the roof into the lower floors without digging out for the cable or having ugly cables draped over the walls? or is there an alternative?

Reply to
Broadback

If in a strong signal can be pulled in "bunny ears"or other indoor aerial. Lots of guides out there on what channels are available and where to place indoor aerials

Else this is a piece of string question Run cables down outside, come in below floor level [through an air brick]) run cabling UNDER floorboards (DO NOT run cables under carpet but on top of floorboards) ?

Run cabling around edge of room (between carpet and skirting)?

Run cable on top of skirting ?

Run cable in conduit on top of skirting?

Reply to
soup

down the walls outside?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or, completely invisible, fish it down the wall cavity. If it's not filled with insulation.

Reply to
harry

Make use of a disused Chimney?

or having ugly cables draped over the walls? or is there an

Install neat conduit outside or maybe a fake drain pipe?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Paint the cable the same colour as the brick?

Reply to
alan_m

Cable tie to the wall side of a drainpipe

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Why?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ohh yes I remember that! I did a few such things actually.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Carpets get walked on so cable underneath gets frayed leading to glitchy reception . May also be aesthetically displeasing (showing a bump [if the carpet isn't one of those two feet{

Reply to
soup

Indoor aerials for tv now its digital is a bit of a nightmare as the effect of ghosting on digital signals simply makes the owhole multiplex drop out.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And don't even *think* about using one of those little whip aerials that they supply with USB TV decoder devices. I tried mine in my laptop a few hundred yards from Oxford transmitter, when I happened to be driving past, and no muxes could be detected - and yes, the aerial was *outside* the car!

If a tuner can pick up muxes with a poor roof-mounted aerial at fifty miles over hilly terrain but a whip aerial in the same tuner a few hundred yards from the transmitter can't see anything, the aerial must be *really* bad :-)

Reply to
NY

most energy from a high power transmitter is sent out a few degrees below the horizontal. There will be very little close to the mast.

Reply to
charles

Aerial in the attic? Could work well - or not! If it does work, you'd then need to think about the route through the house. Cables can sometimes be concealed quite effectively in corners.

Reply to
RJH

I once met someone who lived really close to the Redruth transmitter in west Cornwall, probably within a quarter of a mile. Their reception was 'difficult' I think they said.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

In article , charles scribeth thus

Yes in fact Bill Wright of this parish once rigged some monitoring aerials up at the Emley Moor mast that pointed up to the top of the tower!.

That transmitter power costs to much to waste heating the ground locally!....

Reply to
tony sayer