Confused about door closers...

We want a door closer for our small cloakroom which has an outward opening

I fitted a pair of these to one of our doors, they work very well.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

A bit heavy to carry home though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, these are what I recommended. We have them on two doors and they work well - but usually won't *close* the door because at the near-closed position the spring tension is lowest.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What are you seeing?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

"Total Product Weight 659 kg"

Reply to
Andy Burns

could they have forgotten to put the decinal point at the start? That's the advantage of the Imperial system, it's very difficult to get such errors.

Reply to
charles

In message , David Lang writes

Agreed. Even so, I fitted then had to remove one from the PO street door because the oldies didn't like it :-(

Reply to
News

Nevertheless, I've managed it. :-)

Reply to
Mike Barnes

charles put finger to keyboard:

Nigel Tufnel would disagree.

Reply to
Scion

Fitted now and working a treat. As our catch is nice and light it closes the door completely which is a bonus.

Didn't have any problem winding the springs up myself though. Just did it in stages until they were sufficiently tensioned. I did have to do a little bit of woodwork though as they're bulkier than a standard hinge but overall very pleased with the result.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Good show.

Blimey, I'm impressed. I think we decided that more than two hands were needed.

Ace.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Streater