Combination Boiler SOS

I have a Vokera Excell 80 SP that has developeda fault. The central heating stays on regardless of the temprature setting on the thermostat and stays on even when the bolier is switched to summer \ water only mode.

I tried following the flow diagrams in the manual and this led to replacing the easiet to replace but unfortunately the most expensive part, the PCB. However, this has made no difference. Heating still fires up in both modes, only way to turn it off temporarily (without setting the mode selector to off) is by turning the central heating temperature setting dial on the bolier to the minumum setting. Only problem with that is that the hot water dosent work at the setting as it only seems to come when the heating is fired up.

Any ideas?

Reply to
muthaleech

Is there a frost stat anywhere by any chance?

tarquinlinbin

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there is (according to the wiring diagram), I think I tried taking it out of the equation but disconnecting one of the wires that went into the block that it attaches to but this had no effect. I'll try bridging the connection instead...

Reply to
muthaleech