combi problem

Hi i have a baxi duo tec 28 he combi boiler it works great when in hot water mode but when i switch it to central heating it fires up and the temperature display on the boiler rises rapidly, the boiler makes a boiling kettle noise then it goes out and error 168 appears any ideas

Reply to
jeronimo

In message , jeronimo writes

Pump nor circulating?

Reply to
geoff

The pump's not circulating the water in the heating system for some reason, so the water in the boiler is boiling, causing a shut-down due to overheating. Possible reasons are pump failure, pump power failure, relay failure, 3-way valve failure or "other causes". The makers say you need to call one of their authorised repair people.

seems that the error code you really need is the one it displayed before it reset itself, unfortunately.

Reply to
John Williamson

Check the fan and the fan terminals.

According to the manual it sounds like a fan problem, although it only has error 160, not 168 - there is no 168. Although this doesn't ecplain why it would work in dhw mode and not ch

Reply to
Phil L

Is this the first of this years batch of, end of summer, winter is a coming, switch on the heating to find it's not working post?

Pump has probably seized. It might be possible to free it by sticking a screw driver in through the bleed plug and waggling.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A reason for code 168 listed on the Baxi website can be a short power interruption such as a power cut. Code 168 is a "Sorry, I dunno what's up, guv, but I don't feel well" error code.

I would expect a fan problem to result in no flame at all and cold water, not boiling of the water.

Reply to
John Williamson

I really appreciate that mine does a few minutes run every day to keep stuff healthy.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No, it doesn't explain at all - the fan is not where the problem lies

It also has no direct connection with the boiler kettling

Reply to
geoff

Yes, mine suddenly runs for a couple of minutes every now and then,maybe once a week over the summer, but doesnt fire up. I always meant to google it to find if it was a fault or feature.

Reply to
A.Lee

the boiler kettling might be because the system needs flushing. This happened heer, with bolier tripping on oveheat every two or thres days. I tried flusing it my self and reliability improved, but still the occasional trip. After getting someone in to do a power flush (not diy) It's run without fault since May - and it's quiet, too.

Reply to
charles

In message , charles writes

As someone else pointed out a pump that has been left through the summer might well have scaled up - most likely reason

Reply to
geoff

Yes, even the suprima kicks in every 24 hours

Reply to
geoff