combi boiler problems

Hi there,

I am hopeing someone may be able to haelp, B&Q ravenheat t-80 comb boiler, basically I replaced a bad joint the other day an repressurised the system up to 2.5 bar. its now be drained back t

1.25. heating no probs, domestic ho****er runs hot then cold then hot and so on. I can hear the boiler firing though it doesent seem to sta constant regardless of what opening the tap being used is on. Sam problem regardless of thermastic setting and whether heating is on o off. This problem has developed since I changed the faulty joint an ideas anyone. I spoke to ravenheat and they said it could be ga pressure but would not tell me anymore.

Cheers

Da

-- dannpoll

Reply to
dannpoll

It took me a while to realise that your mail software has removed the "offending" letters from that word!

For an answer, you'll need to say where the bad joint was. On the heating system? On the cold mains supply? On the hot water pipework? In the gas supply?

However, airlocks could be involved in the problem, somehow.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:35:35 -0000, "Christian McArdle" strung together this:

What mail software? It's those cluless fuckwits at DIY banter again.

Reply to
Lurch

Measure flow of water without boiler switched on to establish you hav correct flow. There is a flow restrictor and a filter on the input o most combis, filter may require a clean.

Then run it full flow and check gas working pressure to prove o disprove Ravenheat.

Next check dhw thermister. Find out if it's the same part number as th heating thermister, if it is, switch the leeds and run hot tap, doe boiler now stay on full flame and stay on, and does water get roastin hot? Yes, you need a new thermister.

Try those things and report back

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker