Combi-boiler or stored?

I didn't know that you could prepare food on them as well

I was really talking about load determination from temperature drop and firing rate.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It was an observation as to where they typically are.

Of course it's possible to move the boiler elsewhere, but this is additional pipework and cost.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Gets all the dandruff out of your scalp.

Most people are happy with 1 to 1.5 bar. Approaching 10 bar (some mains water pressure is over 9 bar) and it gets uncomfortable.

Reply to
IMM

Of couse you can.

Reply to
IMM

A "direct" one.

Reply to
IMM

And more space and less noise.

Reply to
IMM

And one feed the CH from it as well using a weather compensator to raise and lower the CH section of the store.

Reply to
IMM

An enematic experience?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Speak for yourself, buster.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, no, no. The store should be for DHW only and the CH operated totally separately and directly from the boiler.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Got none. I have wonderful hair.

Reply to
IMM

Wrong 0/10. Failed again.

Reply to
IMM

Well, I'm gathering recently that you two (IMM/Andy) don't like each other Or is this just friendly banter?

Yours curiously

Timbo

Reply to
Tim

Safe to say, if you tried with *that* shower, you'd clean your teeth at the same time :->

Timbo

Reply to
Tim

Ah those. I can see that they might be adequetely serviced by a gravity system, as they do rely on lots of water at low pressure. However, a standard shower head uses a different system. The multifunction heads always seem to have a "soft" option, recommended for children (and presumably those that don't like pressure), that seems to introduce an air break for low pressure operation, but I find it annoying and never use that mode.

The main problems with high pressure being too much are when you combine high flow with high pressure, which can get painful. I prefer a middle range on both. 1-1.5 bar with around 10 lpm seems about right for me. I find less than 1 bar doesn't have the any pressure washing effect at all.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If 1 bar is indeed about 30 ft, I doubt there are many header tank systems that get near this for a first floor bathroom.

Mine is nearer half that from the top of the tank to the shower head, but works just fine on my Aqualisa.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm constantly amazed at Andy's patience correcting the continual mistakes and half information from IMM.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Adam" had a good run and so, now, has "IMM". You should change your name to Mr. Malaprop next. Oh, and try looking up the meaning of "mentalist" some time.

Serious question: please explain in a concise but rigorous manner /exactly/ what "load compensation" means in this context.

Reply to
Andy Wade

I'm very friendly.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

The discussion was already covered in ample detail.