Combi boiler

Page 2 of 2

And to conduct an MOT you need to be qualified and registered. Do you make your own certificates on your computer?
--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

It's not possible to verify qualifications on here or any other newsgroup - and as such any advice should be treated with caution. In some ways, it needs as much experience to know if the advice you've been given is sound as to do the job anyway.
<snip>

It's pie in the sky to hope that people won't post ridiculous questions - it's often the only contact they'll make with the group.
IMHO, the standard of help given here is far superior to most other groups where advice is asked for.
--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

You could tell Worcester to add this to their's. No mention of bypass arrangements at all. I fitted an automatic bypass anyway, as it is S-Plan-Plus with loads of TRVs as well, so I thought it could use one. It certainly helps when it is down to heating only 1 or 2 radiators. Reduces noise considerably.
The only hint in the manual is that it recommends leaving one radiator open if TRVs are fitted, but doesn't give a reason. No mention in the case of S Plan, where all circuits can be closed off.
Christian.

description. if you have failed to read the instructions properly, theres a good chance you have fitted a by-pass that was not needed. or have I chosen a different boiler to the one you describe ?. If there is no mention of a by-pass in your manual, it is YOUR responsibility to tell worcester, Like I said previously in the thread, MOST if not all give the info, (which means not all, nearly all). And ALL the 6 manuals I have , all give the info. rob
i series has the following. 1. Combustion Air Fan 2. Automatic Air Vent 3. Boiler Overheat Thermostat 4. Low Water Content Bi-Thermal Heat Exchanger 5. Gas Burner 6. Twin Spark Electrodes 7. Fully Modulating Automatic Gas Valve 8. System Pressure Gauge 9. D.H.W. Thermistor Sensor 10. Pressure Relief Valve 11. Circulating Pump 12. Air Pressure Switch 13.Flue Gas Sampling Point 14.DHW Flow Switch 15. Heating System By-Pass
80ic range 1. Temperature limiter 2. Burner pressure test point 3. Gas inlet test point 4. Thermometer 5. Pressure gauge 6. Bypass tube 7. Safety valve 8. Circulation pump with air separator 9. Closed expansion vessel 10. Valve for filling with nitrogen 11. Automatic air vent 12. Burner injectors 13. Burner 14. Flame sensor 15. Ignition electrode 16. Primary temperature sensor (NTC) 17. Central heating flow 18. Domestic hot water outlet 19. Gas feed pipe 20. Cold water inlet 21. Central heating return 22. Gas filter 23. 3 way diverter 24. Venturi 25. Water inlet filter 26. Water flow regulator 27. Diaphragm 28. Water flow sensor micro-switch 29. Water flow selector 30. Flue terminal 31. Concentric air/flue duct 32. Differential pressure sensor 33. Fan 34. Differential pressure switch 35. Combustion chamber 36. Gas valve Central Heating 37. Proportional/Gas Valve for Domestic 38. Soft light ignition valve 39. Safety Gas Valve 40. Throttle disc 41. Gas setting screw 42. Secondary heat exchanger

2 Water filter 3 Flow turbine 4 Automatic air vent 5 Water flow regulator 6 Safety temperature limiter 7 Appliance cabinet 8 Gas to water heat exchanger 9 C.H. primary sensor 10 Inner casing 11 Sealed system expansion vessel 12 Tank sensor 13 Heatbank overheat thermostat 14 Heatbank (capacity 60 litres) 15 Drain (primary water) 16 Circulating pump 17 Drain (secondary water) 18 Open vent connection 19 Water diverter valve 20 Water manifold (bottom section) 21 Water to water heat exchanger 22 By-pass adjuster 23 Pressure relief valve 24 Manual air vent 25 Water manifold (top section) 26 CH flow valve 27 CH return valve 28 Central heating flow 29 H.W. sensor 30 Central heating return 31
Domestic hot water out

It is a Greenstar 28HE System. The installation instructions are almost identical to the 27HE System, the manual of which is available on the web. A global search for the word "bypass" turns up no hits, not even in the parts list.

I was surprised to find no mention of it at all. For the record, it works better with one as it reduces the rushing noise through my 15mm pipes when set up properly (around 0.3bar seems to work just fine).
Christian.