Combi ?

Combi boiler. Most times when I turn hot tap on after a few seconds it supplies hot water. Intermittently I can run tap for ages & water doesn't heat. Central heating is always OK. Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be.

Thanks for looking.

Joe.

Reply to
joe

Perhaps it is supplying the radiators at the time and needs time for the motorised valve to operate.

Reply to
John

If you run the tap for 'ages' and still no hot water, the valve is probably *stuck* (and needs to be replaced). Often you will find that the valve has been redesigned to reduce this problem...

Cheers,

William.

Reply to
William McNicol

Sounds like a water flow detectro/diaphragm or diverter valve problem, make and model might be useful.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
joe

We had this, hot water flow sensor microswitch thingy was iffy. It would work about half of the time. HTH Gordy

Reply to
Gordy

IIRC this model has a flow sensor that is essentially a paddle in water flow which operates a micro switch.

Reply to
Ed Sirett