Coin battery

Yeah, it turns out that what they mean is it will be despatched into their standard 1 to 3 day free delivery system the same day the order is placed if placed before 7pm.

Reply to
Johny B Good

I always seem to get my orders next day, but I guess that's just a bit of luck really

Reply to
Chris French

I do too, unless it's a small item and they use Royal Mail.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Heh heh. If it's too big for ordinary post they use UPS signed for. And on the last two occasions, the driver has simply put a card through the door without ringing the bell - as I was definitely in. So had to go and collect the parcel - no option for a re-delivery. Obviously they get through their round quicker if they don't have to find the parcel in the van, and don't wait for a door to be answered and a signature obtained.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I always try and make the parcel 'large'. I have taken to planning orders so that heavy stuff isn't packed with fragile stuff - their packing monkeys are useless.

We had DPD do that a while ago. Saw the van opposite, SWMBO rtushed downstairs to see him driving off. Card on mat. She emailed their office and demanded he return. He swore blind he'd waited for 2 minutes until she mentioned the CCTV. He came back 30 mins later.

Now (as of last week) we at least have a very prominent doorbell push and it can be heard all over the house. Trouble is getting them all to use it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've got two (one downstairs, one upstairs) very loud ordinary doorbells so can hear them anywhere in the house - even with the radio or whatever on. But have a well fitting vestibule door so probably won't hear a knock on the front door, unless close to it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm going to fit a garden bell. My 'doorbell' actually just rings all the house phones with a special cadence.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Now that's clever. Although I've got such a variety of phones here I'm not sure I could do that - they're mostly cordless which generate their own ringing tones. But I fitted the doorbells before I had phones everywhere anyway. And moving on most call on the mobile these days anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When I rewired the house I put a multi-pair cable from the front door to the upstairs wiring centre (box of Krone strips). Made it easy. The other part of it is the phone-activated door unlocking.

All of the phone are IP phones. The garden bell will run off the spare port of the SPA3102 used to access the POTS line.

Reply to
Bob Eager