Coin sized lithium battery safety

I have a wooden drawer that seemed to have some dark purple liquid in it ( junk drawer has a lot of stuff in it ). While reaching for something my hand got some purple liquid on it. I looked in the drawer and the packaging of a lithium small battery is deep purple / burgundy. I cleaned the drawer with Lysol and it stained the wood. I recycled it and now am concerned because of ?? Gasses from it ? Or the residue which is in the wood ? Anything it touched ? Thoughts ?

Reply to
Simone Reyes

A read that a 76 year old woman had contact with the chemicals from a lithium battery and she was unable to get pregnant after.

In quantity some of the chemicals can be harmful. I doubt a single button cell would do anything. If you have concerns about the ones in the wood, seal them in with paint or lacquer, shellac, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

A little lithium will fix what ails you.

rbowman

Appears to be more concern with environmental impact of all the other metals involved:

invalid unparseable
  1. Oh a joke. Ok. Thought it was serious for a second lol. I will paint over it thank you !
Reply to
Simone

Those landfills will be a treasure trove in the year 9595...

I like the clips from 'Metropolis'. Lang always gets mentioned but the author of the book from which it came and the screenplay, Thea von Harbou, seldom gets mentioned.

Reply to
rbowman