CM67 timerstat auto time set + settings question

Hi,

Been using a CM67 for the last 3 years and very pleased.

As we have so many arguments about who has the right time I decided to get one of the Auto Time setting modules for it which use the Rugby referrence broadcast on LW to set and also change from GMT to BST.

I don't know if anyone has fitted one of these but basically you plug it in, then set the CM67 into installer mode. Unfortunately you also have to remove the battery pack, which means you lose your settings :-(

I am finding that in trying to set the CM67 Category 4 setting (4:At) it froze the first time and did not respond to any controls. Next attempt got to displaying the signale strength and the clock flashed for a while , then again, the whole device appeared to lock. The reported signal strnegth was 5 (max) but if the device cannot get a time signal it should revert the stat to it's internal time, not just freeze. I'm wondering if the ATS unit is broken ?

However I have had some funnies with settings in the CM67 so wondered if anyone else has got one of these things working.

Also when resetting the stat after removing the ATS module I noticed there is no description for Installer Setup Number 13, between Temp offset and Proportional bandwidth. Anyone know what this mysterious option does ?

Reply to
Jonathan Ives

No, it aint broke, the time signal is off the air!!

James Salisbury

In article , James Salisbury writes

That system seems to take up a lot of time for "maintenance"?...

Reply to
tony sayer

At least they can log it to the millisecond.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Many thanks for the url. This morning I reset the CM67, then carefully refitted the RTS unit, this time by leaving the battery connected but pulling out the end furthest from the connections to allow thw ATS clip to engage. I went through the config sequence (I'm worried about how well I now know the cryptic world of the CM67)

This time it all worked , the clock even appears to have set itself , which is interesting based on the clock ?

BTW is this the same clock from which the economy 7 times are set ? I assume not if it has weeks of downtime.

We must have a DST adjustment in the next few weeks so that should be the acid test.

Thanks to all and if anyone knows what the CM67 option 13 of the installer settings does, I'd love to know .

Reply to
Jonathan Ives

In article , Jonathan Ives writes

No that using Radio 4 on 198 kHz on the longwave. Odd little bit of phase modulation IIRC.

They don't have *that* down for a moment longer than they have too:))

(radio 4 that is)

Reply to
tony sayer

Don't worry - you'll have forgotten it by the next time you need to change anything!

Should be the last Sunday in October - so that's 4 weeks next Sunday.

Yes, I'm puzzled too! I've just had a play with mine (so to speak!) to try to work out what it does.

When you go to Option 13, it displays the mnemonic of "PO" (or P0) - with the parameter having a factory setting of 0. It lets you change this setting to anything up to 99. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what (if anything!) this does?

Reply to
Set Square

Don't worry - you'll have forgotten it by the next time you need to change anything!

Should be the last Sunday in October - so that's 4 weeks next Sunday.

Yes, I'm puzzled too! I've just had a play with mine (so to speak!) to try to work out what it does.

When you go to Option 13, it displays the mnemonic of "PO" (or P0) - with the parameter having a factory setting of 0. It lets you change this setting to anything up to 99. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what (if anything!) this does?

Reply to
Set Square

Apologies for the double post! OE was playing up - probably getting back at me for commenting on Mungo's double post!

Reply to
Set Square

Yep, but even if it is down it won't affect the E7 switching as the

25bps data stream is used for programming the E7 switches and keeping the clocks correct. Without the 198kHz signal the clocks "free run" and the last program followed.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Pure guess; but perhaps allows use in countries that don't use GMT/BST ... a cheapo rf regulated clock from Lidl has a similar function .. it'll go up to 99 because it's got to display up to two digits. AIUI, the time code broadcast by MSF is similar to that broadcast by Germany and two station in USA .

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

According to the installer guide, PO is "Pressure Offset (needed for Weatherstation installation only)"

I have not idea what this Weatherstation is though :-)

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

The really odd thing is that when you go into installer mode you get the first two or three options only, then you have to press another button to get the rest.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Yes, I have to look it up virtually every time! To get into setup mode per se, you have to move the slide switch to OFF, and then press i, 3 & 4 simultaneously. This only gives access to the first 2 parameters. To get the rest, you have to press 2.

Without the manual, you wouldn't stand a cat in hell's chance! Maybe that's by design - to stop casual fiddlers from doing too much harm - but I wish it was a *bit* more intuitive!

Reply to
Set Square

Agreed (complicated setup).

Another oddity I have found was that sometimes after programming the up and down temperature buttons no longer respond. If you go into Installer mode the upper and lower temp values have weird settings and have to be reprogrammed.

This was how the guy who installed it left it, so I reset and reprogrammed and everything was fine. I noticed it had got into this state again when I was trying to get the ATS to work.

As I stated earlier I also had what appeared to be a couple of freezes where the device no longer responded to any controls (i.e i +3 and 4) and had to be cold rebooted by removing the battery ?

Anyone had a blue screen of death yet ?

Is the weatherstation the external thermometer attachment ? I was under the impression that this simply enabled the display to show the external temperature based on a remote probe. It did not (I *though*) use this info in its optimisation calculations ? Maybe it does in which case it becomes more useful.

Reply to
Jonathan Ives

Never had my Danfoss TP75RF crash or otherwise missbehave...

It and the reciever sometimes get out of sync but it's a reasonable distance away and diagonally through a 2' solid stone wall at a shallow angle...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice