Clearing plants/weeds from garden

is huge and is proving impossible to dig out.

difficult to dig up. Put weedkiller and its all mostly dead but whats best way to clear it all.

well dont bother. Decking destroys all plant life underneath anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What sort of soil. It grows like a weed in hedges up here on heavy clay soil and has no trouble flowering and self seeding at all. but it is by no means a nuisance plant I get about half a dozen seedlings each year - slightly more than holly seedlings but hardly a problem.

By comparison near a sycamore tree you are facing 10000 seedlings!

Reply to
Martin Brown

My neighbour had a sycamore, but it was cut down some 25 years ago. But every year, I still get new seedlings popping up - especially in my privet hedges. I suppose the obvious solution would be to let them take over, and have a sycamore hedge instead.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The surface soil's a bit free draining here although we're clay a foot or so down. Best I ever saw was growing in a pot in Greece. You could smell it long before you could see it

Reply to
stuart noble

ne is huge and is proving impossible to dig out.

ult to dig up. Put weedkiller and its all mostly dead but whats best way to= clear it all.

What about a couple of weaner pigs?

By Oct. you should have a weed-free (everything-free) garden and a glut of sausages.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Very much clay soil.