Cleaning glass vases

Is there a miracle product for taking that scum from flower vases?
I have a very pretty one that would be nice to display without flowers, but it has a tiny neck that means scrubbing the inside is nigh on impossible. Is there something that I can pour in to make it sparkling clean again?
TIA Suzanne

but
Suzanne,
The old remedy was to put crushed egg shells in and give it a vigerous shaking with a stopper in the neck (thumb over it?) It works for all but the hardest deposits for which you need to do the same with a bit of sharp sand. If the deposit is 'water hardness' rather than organic bits from the flower stems, a bit of kettle de-scaler would help.
Andrew Mawson

Lead shot was used in this way to clean decanters, and I still keep some to hand for cleaning inside such glass vessels.

Soap powder mixed quite thick with a little drop warm water. Pour the mixture in the vase and swirl the vase around, don't drop it, until it shifts the grime of the inside. You can also use it for cleaning the outside if you use a cloth to rub it on with. Soap powder is very mild abrasive, so it doesn't damage glass or pottery.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

but
Sterident (sp)? or any other denture cleaner works a treat. Soak overnight.
Tony

Stick it (upside down) in a dishwasher. Works miracles!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

GRR*&$**##*!!!!!!!! Thanks for reminding me that I don't have a dishwasher.

Perhaps you have a friend who does?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

It isn`t lead crystal is it ? That can go cloudy in a dishwasher IIRC

Frosts the glass too !

Not for a one-off! I've just cleaned a vinegar decanter in that way, and it came up a treat - with no sign of frosting, except the existing bit where the stopper fits into the neck.
[BTW, the lady has said that she hasn't got a dishwasher - so won't be following my advice anyway!] <g>
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Small handful of fine gravel (or a small length of bathplug chain) - add a slug of water and shake vigourously.
David

Pour a few spoonfuls of lavatory limescale remover (Toilet Duck or whatever) into the vase and rotate it until all the bits of limescale are covered and bubbling. Once the limescale is off put a few spoonfuls of salt and half a cup of vinegar in and shake until your arms are sore. It should then be sparkly clean :)
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk) I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

but
Not the same, but I use washing powder to clean the inside of my tea pot.
I put a generous amount of powder in (enough for a normal wash) then pour on hot water, and leave it over night
Teapot comes up like new, maybe it will work on glass! (Might be an idea to use luke warm water on the vase though!)
Sparks...