upholstery cleaning product ?

Hi all, i have a suite (settee and an armchair) which is about 5 years old. It lives in a pet free/smoke free home and the house is always kept very tidy by my main squeeze. The suite is made of a heavy fabric which is kind of white/cream coloured and has a light pattern which is a slightly raised profile rather than a print. Its still pretty clean but the high contact areas such as arms have taken on a very slight greyish tinge. It was treated with scotchguard when it was new by the manufacturers (DFS). Can anyone suggest a good home use product for effective cleaning?

ta

joe

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

You have multiple squeezes? ;-)

Scotchguard should hopefully stop the dirt sticking to the fabric. If you can remove the covers, do so and follow the washing instructions.

If the covers are not removable then I have seen the little hand-held wash/sucker on a Vax produce impressive results.

Any chemicals might remove the Scotchguard.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It possibly hasn't been treated at all.

Some sofa shops (Not naming names..) sell 'stain protection' which amounts to nothing more than an extended warantee-no fabric treatment is involved.

All they do is pay up in the unlikely event a stain that is covered in the T&Cs can't be removed. (There are loads and loads of stains that are excluded)

Did your sofa come with an official Scotchguard certificate? If not it probably hasn't been treated at all.

If it has been treated with Scotchguard the marks will be very easily removed.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Yes,i expect there are lots of fiddles that go on. Checked my paperwork and i am in possession of an official scotchgurad cert. Of course they still might not have done it and just issued a cert!. Doubt whether DFS would risk their reputation though!