Cleaning car windows

What's the best stuff to use to clean the INSIDE of the car windows?

I need to mount one of those sucker thingies to hold a satnav and thought it'd probably be a good idea to clean the windows first.

A newspaper doesn't seem to work like they used to in the old days - probably took all the good stuff out of the ink for elfin safety rules!

Reply to
John

I use a household window cleaning spray and kitchen towels.

Reply to
Nightjar

Pump action spray bottle from supermarket containing window cleaning liquid based on vinegar did the trick for me

Reply to
Murmansk

I use an IPA spray. It cuts grease and crap and evaporates away quickly. Good ventilation required for use of course.

Reply to
EricP

I'm very fussy about clean car windows. I've tried everything - meths the lot. There is no "best stuff", nothing really works very well.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I use iso propyl alcohol on a bit of kitchen roll. Do it with the door open to (a) not get overspray anywhere (b) not asphyxiate yourself

If you want comething portable, one of those alcohol based cleaning wipes in a sachet (e.g. for cleaning wounds). 100 in a bulk box from CPC!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indian Pale Ale?

The finest cleaner by far for car windows is the old-fashioned pink Windowlene.

Anyone who disagrees can stick their head up a dead bear's bum.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I recently purchase a micro fibre cloth pad with a handle in a pound stretcher type shop for a couple of quid. It worked a lot better than expected and became exceptionally dirty just cleaning the inside of the windscreen and side windows. No liquid was required. The design of this cheap item helped - the plastic backing pad was just flexible enough to keep a large section of the micro-fibre cloth in contact with the windscreen whilst the handle allowed sufficient pressure to be applied.

Reply to
alan_m

This in a vehicle that has never been smoked in. Possibly I'm too fussy.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Tried it. Nope.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

on 10/06/2015, John supposed :

Thanks for your ideas guys, I'll give one or all a try lol

Reply to
John

In article , Mr Pounder Esquire writes

Water spray and micro fibre cloth.

Reply to
bert

Anywhere except on the outside of the windscreen.

Reply to
bert

Drop of alcohol (isopropyl ideally) on a bit of kitchen tissue works very well at cutting through traffic film.

Reply to
Tim Watts

/Drop of alcohol (isopropyl ideally) on a bit of kitchen tissue works very well at cutting through traffic film/q

Er... On the inside? Have you got an old bugatti?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

+1

I fit "through glass" radio aerials to vehicles and IPA is the best cleaner. The aerials are supplied with foil wrapped IPA wipes, the same sort of thing that is used to clean wounds. Maybe a chemist/pharmacist would stock them?

Reply to
Bill

No, I have windscreen heater vents like most people - and yes, I get film...

Reply to
Tim Watts