Cleaning nicotine off car windows

I just bought a new car and want to keep it looking good however I do smoke which can leave a nasty buildup on the windows.Does anyone know of a good glass cleaner (besides Windex) that I can use to keep the windows clean? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Andrew Thrasher

Smoke is very difficult to remove. It sticks to all surfaces, including glass, cloth, hair, wood, plastics, lung tissue, etc. Household ammonia is probably the best glass cleaner, but with smoke a scrub brush will help. Before cleaning with the ammonia, you could use an oil soap. Tobacco smoke is a very complex compound containing over

2,000 chemicals which makes it difficult to clean using any single solvent.
Reply to
Phisherman

You said it all, Phish ;-) When I used to smoke, I never smoked inside my car. It stinks up the interior too badly.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

It will look and smell much better if you avoid smoking inside your car.

However, Phish has some good ideas for you if you want to smoke inside your car.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

My dad smoked, mother was a cleaning fanatic, and she found that Lestoil, diluted according to the directions, did remove the stains completely from the car windows. Unlike Windex or other convenient-but-ineffective products, it requires rinsing, but really does the job. As for moralizing about health hazards... Lestoil's petroleum-distillate fumes I wouldn't vouch for.

Those cleaning chemicals will getcha.

Reply to
ohpks