Cleaning brickwork

Hi,

I have taken all the plaster off my chimney breast and exposed all the original brickwork. However no matter how much a scrub the brick with a wire brush it still seems to be very very dusty.

Is there a way of cleaning and treating the brickwork to make it look better and reduce the dust levels.

Thanks

Reply to
mtproc

The standard surface treatement in this situation is a few coats of plaster ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Brick acid, then varnish.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You are a genius. Why didnt i think of that.

Reply to
mtproc

Why didn't you think of *what*?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Brick acid and wear goggles. I didn't and paid the price ;)

Seriously though it will clean up the bricks a treat

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Including any context in his reply, apparently ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Think of what? Providing some context? No idea.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Try brick slips. Or be a Chav and clad it in Yorkshire stone.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

There's a three-storey terrace round the corner from me - the whole row is 1970s yellowish-fawn brick - except one that's been done from ground to soffits in "stone" cladding. Gawd it dunnarf stick out like a sore thumb - and sold for about 10k less than others in the row.

Reply to
Guy King

My response was to the sarcastic and pointless reply from, Rob Morley. If that wasnt obvious then i apologise.

Reply to
mtproc