Circular saws

Not a huge diff between them .... I have a 30 yr old 7 1/4" B&D saw .... does the job fine.

This might be of use:

The most important thing is a clamp. Either buy a proper clamp (I bought a 1.2m long one for sheets from Axminster)

Or g-clamp on a piece wood as a guide .... there was a link a while back for a neat home made guide using some sheet plywood

If anybody has that please repost

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The Medway Handyman

Must be odd design somewhere if a battery tool is lighter than a mains one. Are you sure it is a like for like comparison? Most cordless might be ok, but have usually a lot less power than the equivalent mains.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And make a four (or perhaps five) foot one too, while you are at it.

Reply to
newshound

All ... saw a good post some time ago ... took me a while to track it down ....... here is a great tip on how to use any circular saw for accurate sheet cutting.

Rick Hughes

That is a sawboard :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, I'm sure.

It was a Skil Orca:

and a DeWalt DCS391:

The Dewalt has a smaller depth-of-cut (and a narrower kerf), but for panel work it's ideal.

Reply to
dom