Re: Bloody amusing customers

Then came the funniest thing I have heard for ages. The customer said "I've

> just remembered something. When I swapped telephone companys I had the phone > line made into incoming only calls. You might as well "call me wanker"[1] > and get down from the ladders".

Me and an IT bloke spent ages today trying to get a DTT modulator to talk to the laptop. Eventually we discovered that the two ethernet-type sockets had each other's labels (as referred to in the instructions) next to them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bought a cheap KVM switch on Ebay, and all ports worked well except one port which was connected to a miniature PC I knew to be a bit temperamental about USB-to-PS2 adaptors and keyboard/mouse hardware and software.

Slept on it, sometime during the night had one of those all too rare 'eureka' moments, got up next day and checked the colour coded all-in-one monitor, mouse and keyboard triple cable on the failing port.

Sure enough, the green plug on one end was connected to the purple plug on the other end!

Reply to
Windmill