cheapest combi boilers in the UK ?

Aren't Wickes combis made by Halstead? Think you're looking at the bottom end of the price range there but I'm willing to be corrected. Have you tried the web, there are plenty of on-line suppliers of combis.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

boiler may be about to bite the big one, dodgy solenoid on the gas valve and a possible split diaphragm in the expansion vessel with a potential cost of £220 parts and a right good drink for brother in law plumber so I'm looking for the cheapest possible replacement combi, just in case.

I've found one at plumbworld for £393 Inc (Ravenheat Boiler Littlestar 80) and one at Wickes for £425, dunno who makes them, and one at B&Q for £389, all of them are 80k odd BTU my local friendly merchants, after much sucking of air through teeth and working of figures through various matricies of logarhithmic tables, want quite a bit more than that for the equivalent specc'd combi that they'd probably buy from one of the above.

anyone know where I can get one cheaper, just in case ?

thanks in advance

RT

Reply to
[news]

doing that now, also looking for cheaper spare gas valve and expansion vessel than I've been quoted but given the time of year and the lack of DHW back up I'm attempting to cover all bases sooner ratehr than later

RT

Reply to
[news]

If you are planning to stay in the house more than a couple of years you will likely _save_ money by buying something a couple of hundred quid more up market.

Wickes are rebadged Halsteads which together with Ravenheat and a few other makes dominate the lower end of the market place where initial cost is more significant that longer term savings (for some later owner).

It is true that there are some classes of products where you pay for a 'name'. The boiler market is fairly similar to cars in that there are better and worse makes.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
Derek Doormer

We got a Wickes Combi 105 (Halstead) a couple of years ago and its has been excellent (so far) - also their After-Sales dept was very prompt and helpful when I lost one part and needed another O-Ring for the flue - arrived next morning no charge - I am waiting to see when the first bit dies but hopefully it won't be for a while. Think it was £525 at the time - maybe a bit less now.

Nick

Reply to
nick smith