Cheap Compressors

Due to SWMBO buying a bloody huge infaltable paddling pool for the ankle biters I have been considering getting a cheap compressor. As it would be far better to deflate it after use rather leaving it up to kill the lawn. My question really is how cheap am I likely to be able to get one? There are a couple in the current Screwfix catalogue at about 100. Am I being unrealistic in trying to find one cheaper than this?
Also is a compressor likely to up to inflating high volumes or should I just get a nozzle for my SCUBA cylinder and use that ? I have used a similar method to inflate lilos whereby you stick a rigid drinking staw upto the cylider valve and crack open the valve. It's a bit noisy and expensive as you lose the best part of a fill but it saved a lot of hassle when getting into team hut late for a weekend's diving.
Cheers
Mark Spice

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/categories/Pumps_35.asp

http://www.seriousshopping.co.uk/Automotive/AutoTools/TirePumps /

http://www.seamarknunn.co.uk/catalog/items/item687.htm

And finally:
http://tinyurl.com/i31h

I should have mentioned that I don't have a car so 12v stuff tends not to work too well for me :-)
Other than that thanks for the advice. I knew really that a compressor was excessive but you know how it is when you look through the catalogues trying to justify potential purchases.
Cheers
Mark Spice

compressor
--
geoff

mentioned that I don't have a car so 12v stuff tends not to

LOL you are just after a new toy! Come on.. admit it:))
Ophelia

geoff

Mark Spice wrote:

The ~100 compressor will inflate your pool just fine. It will be noisy, and it'll take a while, but it'll do the job.
The manual compressors linked to by BW will take forever to inflate a pool. The small 12v ones suggested will burn out long before you've finished inflating it.
--
Grunff

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:21:31 UTC, "David W.E. Roberts"

These do pressure, not volume. They usually have a duty cycle of about 15 mins, with the pool taking about an hour.
Get an electric pool inflator from Argos....cheap and effective (about 5-10 mins). Mains powered though. Current price is 19.99, but that's the catalogue that expired TODAY.....!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
Mark Spice wrote:

The Intertex Pool inflaters are 15 quid in Makro at the moment. Unlike a compressor these are designed for high volume at a resonably low presure.
--
Cheers,

John.

Mine was 14 and does the job admirably