CH Pump

Tis mega noisy vibration I'm getting... well I've taken off the pump and found it rattles Pump vanes all look intact, but it has a sideways movement If you remove the grub screw on the front, poke in a screwdriver you can move the pump inside about 5 mm in and out bearing gone? or should they have this movement? Is there a way to check the pump before I buy another? TIA

Reply to
Vass

S'ok, I took it apart thanks

Reply to
Vass

And what did you find?

Reply to
Corporal Jones

lots of crap in the centre of the impellar cleaned - re-fitted, quiet as a mouse now. OK it means there is crap in the system, quite probably the old wicks boiler is internally decomposing but its getting changed this summer so I will perform a proper flush then.

Reply to
Vass

Vass explained :

The shaft end float you mention, is quite normal as is some leakage on older pumps.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

yep thanks Harry its all back together and behaving now Cheers for the info

Reply to
Vass