Noisy Well Pump

I have noticed that my well pump has become very noisy over the last few
months. It is approximately 10 years old in an area with semi-hard water.
The Black Plastic Tubing in the well casing is converted to PVC as soon as
it comes into the house. The PVC is strapped to the underside of the floor
joists, across the house where it ties into the well tank.. When the well
pump kicks on I can really hear it from the first and second floors. Is
this resonating of the pump a sure sign that some parts inside the pump are
wearing out? Any suggestions on how to silence the PVC? I was thinking
that foam pipe insulation might help.
Thanks in Advance,
-Mike
Reply to