Contract info ( was, protecting my deposit)

In a few months time I shall be ordering a made to measure Conservatory to fit on the back of the house. Anticipating that the manufacturers will require a deposit to safeguard their manufacturing costs, how do I save my deposit if the company goes into liquidation, I feel that the likelihood is high in the present financial climate. I've heard of bonded contracts, has anyone any experience of this type of protection. Could I do it through my bank? would a bog standard bank manager be aware of this procedure. Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received. Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

err yesterday 7:32am post - these responses not good enough?

Reply to
Vass

I should try asking on uk.legal.moderated: I'm sure you'd get some useful replies there. Such as, say, using a crdit card.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I had a conservatory erected last year and a selling point of the company was that no money was required until completion.

mark

Reply to
mark

The only responses I can see are to do with Spam,i.e totally irrelevant.Maybe my ISP or news reader isn't working properly? Will try and read it in Google. Don

Reply to
Donwill

Why don't you pay all or part of the deposit with a credit card as we have already suggested to you?

Reply to
Mark

Does this make EU ministers ecotesticulators ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

website is not the way to solve the problem. It is far to aggressive, both technically and personally, towards the people that it wants to convert away from Google groups.

I am technically competent as far as the PC is concerned and I've tried a couple of times to use other applications for using the groups that Google present to me, but for one reason or another I've found that I'm familiar with the Groups structure and I cannot get on terms with the format otherwise presented.

If you want to get involved with a website which has the aim of making life easier for all, then it needs to be far more user friendly and more supportive of those that are not familiar with all the terms that the site authors are using. It also needs to link to tutorials in how to set up these alternative applications that it enthuses about.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

As we're veering in an off-topic direction, I've used usenet for years (since 1994 in fact, I used to use some software called Pine back then as I recall). I've used all sorts of newsreaders over the years, and I am now an avowed Google Groups user. If some people can't see my posts through choice I don't mind, I'm sure I miss many that are much more useful than mine anyway.

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
martin_pentreath

I hadn't looked at that web site for a while and you're absolutely right. It is very negative now, but it was not always so. I will be removing it from my sig.

I am the opposite in that I find a offline newsreader much easier to use. I have used google groups and find it a pain. It is hard to quote properly and almost impossible to customize. But then I have been using usenet since way before the web existed.

There are still tutorials and guides there but the front page would probably put most people off from looking further.

Reply to
Mark