Central Heating costs + other questions

Hi, Am looking at a house that needs renovation, my main worry is central heating, having not needed to install central heating from scratch I am unaware of the cost, The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms kitchen and bathroom, what would be a very rough estimate for the cost of installing CH?, Ok now for the other questions
1) To install the central heating and new ring/radial main, I presume it will be necessary to take up the old floor, how easy is this to take up and replace once fitted,
2) The building has old sash windows that I want to renovate, can u get draught excluders for between the sashes (if that's the correct term),
3) What steps would need to be taken to produce a "wet room" shower/bathroom up stairs the flooring is wooden floorboards, is this feasible?.
Thanks for any help, this will just give me an idea if its worth getting a builder in to quote me Cheers Oli

4000 quid. (NOT from BG)

and
Only some boards will need removal. The vast majority may be left down. Some will need cutting and they will never be quite as good as they were.

Yes.
shower/bathroom
Don't bother. "Wet rooms" in the UK turn out be like fungal growth laboratories. The floor is always stinking wet and cold. You can't go to the toilet with shoes on because it gets mud everywhere. You can't go without shoes, because someone else has gone with shoes on, or you don't like squelching through an inch of stagnant water in your socks. You can just get away with wet rooms in sub-tropical areas, such as Greece etc, although even there you get issues.
Christian.
cheers made things clearer..

Some
the
get
even
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:13:56 -0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

That's what under floor heating is for...

Because someone else hasn't properly squeejied(sp?) the floor after use.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Or designed the correct slope into the floor.
On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:06:57 +0000, The Question Asker wrote:

There are a lot of factors: boiler quality, condensing or not, combi or stored HW, vented cylinder or unvented etc.
I would say from 3000 quid upwards. The most expensive conceivable would be with a qulaity condensing boiler and a mains unvented cylinder which would be around 5000 + cost of water main upgraded if needed.
But for a conventional vented HW cylinder, reasonable non condensing boiler, about 4000 or 3500 for combi. Perhaps 500 more for bigger firms to allow for VAT and margins.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
cheers really good info, well ive put an offer in so fingers crossed, anyone wanna volunteer to help install a wet room :o)

kitchen
installing