Cement mix for use under water

I am making an anchor for fishing and will be filling a large paint pot with cement with a chain coming from it. I've got a bag of ballast (sand + Gravel) and some cement, but which mix?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
Dave P

The same 6:1 as for any other use will do.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I'm not sure but you might find the chain would be as much of an anchor as the cement weight? I think you can make a 'mud weight' as long as the underside of the weight is concave (it forms a sort of suction anchor)

If we are talking low / no current river / lake here you might be ok but what about a folding anchor (grapnel) instead?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I misread the subject as 'Cement mixer..." and was looking forward to the replies...

Reply to
Neil Jones