Carpet Gripper rods

I need to purchase 50m of gripper rod for a new carpet...I can get 50m from B&Q for £18, but screwfix will sell me 150m for £17.99...Does anyone think there is a market for selling the spare 100m on ebay??

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

of course, but you could just throw it away without any real loss

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Try your local independent carpet stockist. Mine does gripper rods for 20p/metre.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

to stop kids climbing up. Don't know how he'd get on if one of them ripped their hands on it though.

Reply to
ted

decidedly dodgy ground!

He'd be a lot better off with a nice thorny climbing plant such as a rose, or good ol' pyracanthus.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

He just needs to display a notice saying, "WARNING, carpet laying in progress"!

Reply to
Set Square

After a couple of shed breakins, I was actually advised to do this by the local Crime Prevention Officer.

K.

Reply to
ken baker

ken baker wrote in

I too had this suggested but, trying to put myself in the mindset of a burglar, if I had my hands ripped by carpet grippers, I'd put through a good number of windows before I left - but perhaps that says more about me than it does about burglars.

When I asked out local CPO about something fast growing and painful to the touch, he suggested russian vine over razor wire!

Reply to
PeterMcC