Bendable double sided carpet gripper/trim?

I have a small area to carpet - it's a lobby area.

For artistic and practical reasons I rather fancy doing it in 2 colours

- one dark hard carpet where the entrance door and mat is, switching to a lighter carpet for the more internal and larger area.

And I rather fancy a curved joint.

So I'm after a something like these:

with carpet interfaces both sides.

Anyone come across any where that sells something like this as I've been Googling all morning without much luck...

Reply to
Tim Watts

On 27 Mar 2015, Tim Watts grunted:

Especially if you can use the same type of hessian-backed carpet either side of the joint (ie except for the colours), wouldn't it look much better to have the two carpets butt-joined and stitched together? Decent professionals do this routinely for covering lareg areas aof flooring with the same carpet, so I can't see any reason why it ccouldn't be done using different colours and a curved interface.

Reply to
Lobster

I never thought of that... It's sort of obvious when you say it :)

I was hoping to DIY this - is that type of stitching hard to do?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Youtube usually has "how to" on various topics

Also seach youtube for 'carpet seaming' or 'joining carpets'

Reply to
alan_m

/I never thought of that... It's sort of obvious when you say it :)

I was hoping to DIY this - is that type of stitching hard to do? /q

Copydex & webbing is your day fiend:-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Thank you both - will look at both...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I thought they hotmelt glued the bits together.

Reply to
Capitol

/Copydex & webbing is your day fiend:-)/q

Day = diy grrr feckin predictive assumptive Asus bollux grrrr :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Yes they do. imagine a cross between a zip runner on steroids and a domestic flat iron. A special fabric tape with hot melt glue is laid under the join and melted with the iron, the carpet is fed into guide grooves in the iron like a zip runner and run slowly along the join to give a long lasting invisible join. We still have some carpet laid this way dating from 1985. In the last few years it has worn along the join as the surface is very slight raised by the joint tape but we certainly got 20 years out of heavily used lounge carpet done this way.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

On 27 Mar 2015, JimK grunted:

Fiend? I thought maybe Copydex and Webbing were a couple of mutant werewolves which only appear at dawn?

Reply to
Lobster

Copydex OTOH is weak stuff, wouldnt consider using it to stick carpet personally.

NT

Reply to
meow2222