Car ramps

True. However, he might have something similar close to him. Equipment hire yards often steam clean stuff after it's returned. And so on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I know. I was being facetious.

Reply to
Huge

Meanwhile - back on topic (Insert smiley of choice here...)

A few hours with a saw and welder could turn under =A3100 worth of angle=20 iron into one of them.

--=20 Skipweasel - never knowingly understood.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Not so easy. You'd need two / four winding handles and a pair of identical twins to crank them. I haven't seen a lift powered by a single winder in 30 years, and even then it was a scary thing from the '50s that I didn't trust.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ah - the lifts I'm thinking of (two posters) are linked by a chain between the posts. I thought they all were.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I think you might have trouble making the wheels from angle iron. ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson