Car driveway turntables

Has anyone got any experience of driveway turntables?

I am in the process of buying a house to renovate and although the local highways have expressed their agreement to vehicle access (currently there is none and this would require removal of garden wall).

However they have said that access must be in forward gear on entry and exit.

The chap doing the extension design has phoned me to tell me that there is not enough room to allow a car to turn and so I need to speak to highways to see if they would remove the constraint.

If they will not then the only options would seem to be to leave the parking on the road (which to me would be good enough reason for highways to allow off road parking without the forward entry-exit constraint) or look at a turntable.

I have had a google and their seem to be plenty of people offering these although only 1 site shows any prices.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has experience of/owns one of these.

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll