Cannot make secure fixing to internal wall

Hi There

I'm trying to recess a shower mixer valve on an internal wall of perforated bricks. Theres a fixing bracket that needs to be recessed about 5cm inside the wall and there is 2 holes + raw plug fixings for this.

The problem is that the internal wall is made of perforated bricks and so I cant get a good fixing.

Im guessing that I need to somehow fill the area behind with a filler/ resin type compound in order to screw into

Please help!!!

Reply to
heinzy

The general idea is to use much larger expanding bolts, or some other fixing. What may work well is to simply drill two 1" holes, 50-100mm deep, and simply then glue a couple of dowels in.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

make the holes big to give lots of purchase. Dont use a wood plug for a shower. Resin is strongest as it bonds to the brick, and doesnt tend to break it.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Do you mean foamed concrete by any chance? If so drilling a hole, filling it with hot melt plastic from a glue gun and then pushing the screw in can be very effective.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Damned clever idea. I'll remember that one - thanks!

riccip

Reply to
riccip