Cable size

What size cable would you install for a Cooker cct. This is being installed as part of a kitchen re-furbishment and the current owners do not have and won't be purchasing an Elect Cooker but want to provide the option. So, I don't have any loading details because they don't posses a cooker. I'm not sure of the typical max load of Elect Cookers or what diversity factor to apply. The distance from the CU is 16M My thoughts are either 6mm T&E with a 32A MCB or 10mm T&E with a 42A MCB ?

Reply to
ac1951

I install 6mm on a 32A MCB in this case. I install a single unswitched 13A socket on the flex outlet box, if there's no electric cooker being installed at the time. This often ends up with the plug for spark generator on a gas cooker plugged in to it, or an electric oven with 13A plug, but it's capable of being upgraded for an electric hob if/when required.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not quite what you asked for, but the new range cooker I've just bought (two largish ovens and grill) specified 6mm^2 for the connection from wall to cooker. The existing cable in the wall looked bigger; maybe

10mm^2. It's on a 32A MCB.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

6mm with the allowed diversity should be fine for most eventualities.

(diversity on domestic cookers is to take the load as 10A plus 30% of the remainder of the actual maximum load, then add a further 5A if there is a socket on the cooker unit)

Reply to
John Rumm