Cable connectors for telephone wiring

Page 1 of 3
I'm in a house that originally had telephone services supplied by NTL but now has them supplied by BT. There are NTL sockets in the living room and bedroom which connect to the incoming cable in a brown box in the cellar. My plan is to connect the new BT master socket (living room) to the old NTL socket (living room) and in turn connect that socket to the NTL socket in the bedroom - in a daisy chain. Not difficult to do since most of the wiring already exists BUT I need to join cable together without using a junction box (there's no place for the box to go - the wiring has to be inside the brown box). The existing wiring is joined using little IDC plastic connectors, similiar to those used when joining electrical wiring. Trouble is, I can't find these connectors or anything similiar anywhere. Suggestions please.
--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
On 07/02/2004 Sneezy a wrote :

A method I find useful, is to solder them. Find some sleeving which is a good fit on the wire, push a short bit onto each of the wires, strip a few mm. Lay the two wires to be joined along side each other axially and solder, then just slide the sleeving over the joint. Finally serve the joined wires over the top, with some tape.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

Harry suggest joining wires by soldering them.
How utterly fascinating.

Go ahead, eat them. They'll do you good.
Fuck off, Harry.

Is your life really so empty that you have to keep this up?

Is your life really so empty that you have to poke your nose in?

Hey, fuckhead, this is a public place. I don't have a great deal of choice but to read your droolings, since you mung the headers to avoid killfiling, the sure sign of anencephaly.
Now fuck off and die.

*plonk*
On 7 Feb 2004 13:05:59 GMT, Huge wrote:

Harry has filled the hole. So to speak.
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

Please, no more sick extended metaphor euphemisms.
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:29:34 GMT, Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip wrote:

Oh, the depravity!
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Phil Kyle, and I thusly replied:

So why is he hiding in uk.d-i-y ?
I'm beginning to smell a rat, especially amongst all the "new" faces we've seen in URC lately. Could Harry be amongst them, no longer brave enough to post under his own name after being the cause of such carnage?
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
in message

Too bloody right Vic, he should post full frontal like yourself
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Bungle & Zippy, and I thusly replied:

Unlike Harry, I don't go around making spurious complaints and then not being prepared to take the fallout when the shit hits the fan.
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
"Reverend Peter Parsnip"

Is he not prepared Vic? Mark my words o rev one, the shit has by no means hit the fan just yet :D
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Bungle & Zippy, and I thusly replied:

Not for the ass raping he is currently receiving, no.
What's the matter? Too scared to post in uk.rec.caravanning, Harry?
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:03:13 GMT, Bungle & Zippy wrote:

Didn't the police caution you about that, last time?
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:53:33 GMT, Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip wrote:

He's mental enough.
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:53:55 GMT, Sneezy

Before you do this make sure that you disconnect the wires which head off to NTL. Just because those wires might not be connected at the local junction box in the road doesn't mean that they might not become connected at some indiscriminate point in the future - even NTL engineers make mistakes!
I've done the opposite here - the place was wired for BT with extensions in the bedroom and study. I changed to NTL, and in order to use the BT extensions I had to cut off the links to the BT world.
PoP

Yeah. Interesting wiring on NTL's part. The brown box in the cellar feeds the junction box in the bedroom using 6 core wiring. All 6 wires are connected in the bedroom but only four in the cellar. I've ended up drawing a diagram so I can get my head around what to snip, what to connect, and what to leave alone. First thing I did was disconnect NTL. It's interesting that they don't have a master socket that delimits where the supplier's responsibility ends and the customer's begins - like BT do.
--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
Sneezy wrote:

All the NTL installations I've seen use a standard master socket... Unless they only do that in this area :)
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com