Cable clips

If you bought some "10mm cable clips", would you expect that to be the inside dimension (ie the size of the cable they take) or the external size of the clip itself, if not otherwise stated?

Reply to
Reentrant

Inside. They are clips for 10mm cable.

Reply to
Andrew May

That depends if they are 10mm T&E clips or 10mm round clips!

The round 10mm clips would take 10mm diammeter round cables (the diameter includes their insulation)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Absolutely.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Round or flat?

If flat, then I would expect them to be designed to clip 10mm^2 T&E - so dims of 17 x 8.5mm approx.

If round then I would expect them to be slight smaller than a round flex of 10mm diameter.

Reply to
John Rumm

Stated sizes foe e clips are a law unto themselves.

For instance, on the Toolstation website the stated sizes (single figure) refer to the thickness of the plastic used in the clip

Thus 1.5 mm flat clips - Website

Are in fact (5mm x 9mm) as is also stated on the box.

Which is yellow, if anyone is interested.

The ones I bought were, anyway.

michael adams

michael adams