C/H Concentrate addative ?

I have a wood burning stove with back boiler. Its quite difficult to access the loft/feeder tank, so I would like to use the Screwfix Concentrate(No nonences) additive. This comes in a sealant like tube, with a small kit. is it just a case of attaching this to the stopcock on the bottom of the boiler, opening and filling. Does the water go everywhere? How much to use? does it block drain for future?. ANY help advice/tips would be appreciated.? Thanks

Reply to
sndevereux

If by stopcock you mean the drain c*ck with a 1/2" hose connection then leave it well alone.

Not only would not get a good connection to this but there is a very good chance that once opened the washer will disintegrate and you will have to drain the system to replace it.

I am not familiar with the screwfix kit but probably contains fittings to inject through a radiator vent pin or 1/2" rad vent plug.

No need to drain anything off. Turn off both rad valves and connect up so that everything is watertight before opening one rad valve. Pump in the whole tube and switch off the rad valve again. Take off the filling kit and put back pin/plug.

Job done, no mess or leaks.

(well hardly any)

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Yup, it is as simple as that.

Although you should leave one rad valve open when you inject the chemical to allow air to escape.

To the OP: Why not get something from Sentinel or Fernox?

Reply to
David