Bungalow update

Well - having painted the first coat of white on the walls I plastered, I must say that they seemed to have turned out OK.

They will turn blue tomorrow (final coats of colour) so that will be the acid test.

SWMBO cleaned most of the building site today so it's reasonable child friendly as the sprogs will be in next week with me (summer holidays).

Project running behind schedule (oh what a surprise). We'll probably have no kitchen. I'll be happy if we have a bathroom, 2 bedrooms and hot water.

At least the building is dry :)

Kitchen floor would be a real bonus as then I could move loads of stuff in and still fit units and wall tile around that. Still have to level the floor first, but the scabbling is done.

Bay window roofs are celotexed, pending some PU can foam to lock and seal and a bit of plasterboard to complete the ceiling.

SWMBO's taking it well - I'm blessed with still having my nuts...

None of this is unexpected. Nothing ever goes according to plan...

Got a wood floor to stick down over the next 3 days (1 day marmox, 2 days Kahrs clicky flooring).

Then backboxes and conduit and repair coving + 2 door frames then the plasterercan get started.

12 weeks in total to do that, install a bathroom with cold water, build a heatbank running on emergency electrical backup and supply hot water.

And move house...

Interesting times as the Arabs would say...

Reply to
Tim S

Nice to hear of somebody making progress. Just for the record "May you live in interesting times" is actually a Chinese curse and is not good news.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Peter Crosland wibbled:

Or chinese I guess. I knew the sentiment though(!).

Reply to
Tim S

Very interesting, got any piccies?

Reply to
David

David coughed up some electrons that declared:

Not yet - I'll get some this week.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

David wibbled:

Finally:

One paint job on Owen's room: Matt emulsion makes light of my imperfect plastering - can hardly seen anything wrong under normal lighting :)

board (12.5mm) bonded to the floor screed with Mapei KaraQuick:

are silicone sealant - suggestion on Marmox's website was to apply silicone to the board edges for a more damp proof seal. This turned out to not work well. Easier to apply silicon to gaps afterwards.)

Taped in addition, on advice from Marmox Tech Support - this, together with the silicone garantees a vapour impermeable floor:

Boardwalk underlay (4mm) foam laid. The foil layer is also a vapour barrier, so despite our slightly damp floor, I'm confident nothing is getting though this lot:

engineered click boards going down. This was easy enough:

completed, with another wipe over with their oil refresher liquid:

room scabbled:
a close up of the fairly fine finish:
improved brickwork on left of door with new door casing wedged in for sizing.

casing has a slight bow - this will straighten up once screwed to wall).

I'll raise a couple of questions in a new thread...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S