Building Regulations

I'm about to start sketching some ideas for our extension so that I can go to the building control officers for an informal chat (now that they do these things for free) before we get plans drawn up proper.
Anyone point me to the relevant docs that will detail wall thicknesses etc that are required now - as it's been a long time since the house was built, and I'm considering two option.
1. Brick built with slate roof as per house 2. Brick built base with wooden sides etc. and slate roof (as it will look like the carport that's there and I know how cunning the planning officers can be).
Cheers Dan.

<http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/sectionhomep age/odpm_buildreg_page.hcsp> or http://tinyurl.com/guwe

Ta muchly
Cheers Dan.
From the chaotic regions of the Cryptosphere, Dan delaMare-Lyon

It may be that you don't need planning permission, if you've had no other extensions and the volume of your new extension is not massive or closer to the road than the house.
Masonry cavity construction is the most common form of building, so your BCO may want calculations for a timber framed structure.
The minimum cavity masonry wall thickness that will comply with the thermal insulation requirements is 265mm- Outer leaf of brick, stone, etc.; 65mm cavity with full-fill mineral fibre batts; and an inner leaf of very lightweight aerated concrete block (Durox, Celcon Solar, Thermalite Turbo. Have a look at insulation or block manufacturer's websites (http://www.aircrete.co.uk/ , http://www.rockwool.co.uk/sw7050.asp , http://www.celotex.co.uk /)
--
Hugo Nebula
"You know, I'd rather see this on TV,