Building interior windows insulation panels

The optimum angle for fixed PV panels is 35deg in this country. The principles for passive house construction are long established. Hence your view is of no consequense.

And yes you can get 1000Kwh/yr per Kwp installed capacity, I have exceeded this myself. Dunno why you ramble on about topics you have no experience of.

Reply to
harryagain

When you have installation quote, you are provided with a power/money generated estimation using the above. These figures are the government specified ones and are quite conservative. (Prevents wild promises from salesmen)

Reply to
harryagain

Off grid is not the way to go.

6K will get you a 4Kwp array these days.
Reply to
harryagain

On 14/11/2013 19:08, harryagain wrote: ...

The angle depends upon what you want to optimise; FIT income or output in the winter months. Even when you chose one of those, it won't be the same angle across the whole country.

Indeed. I was studying the subject in the 1970s and the books from then rely upon earlier work, such as the Victorian clergyman who first calculated the optimum angle for glass to collect the maximum amount of winter sunshine.

The Centre for Alternative Technologies appear to disagree with you for panels installed in Herefordshire. I am more willing to believe them than you.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

You have no experience of nuclear but it doesn't stop you rambling about it.

Reply to
dennis

But that isn't going to keep the lights on when the wind stops blowing.

Reply to
dennis

It's not about keeping the lights on. It's about reducing energy imports/dependancy

Reply to
harryagain

Well then you are shitferbrains. As usual.

Reply to
harryagain

Doesn't stop you either.

Reply to
harryagain

You do seem to be remarkably inclined to resort to gratuitous insults when you run out of arguments.

The CAT is a highly respected source of information on sustainable living, that has been around for the past 40 years. Their findings are also in agreement with several other reliable sources. You, OTOH, have a history of posting figures that are overly optimistic and do not stand up to close scrutiny. Why shouldn't I believe them over you?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

That is what it is about for you. Others may have different aims.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It doesn't in any case do anything to achieve those stated aims either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't care about anything other than keeping the lights on.

I certainly don't worry about the GW myth.

It just happens that the solution to both is to ignore the idiots and build nukes and not windmills.

Reply to
dennis

I have more than you and I understand it a lot better than you.

Reply to
dennis

If Harry's claims are true then it does for him.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm not sure if they're the same beast as insulated blinds, as previously suggested, but I read a study of window thermal proteperties that indicated that honeycomb blinds were moderately effective in reducing heat loss across windows. Clearly not as effective as 4" of celotex rammed into the reveals but probably a lot better looking and much less hassle to use. Couldn't find an obvious supplier when I was looking but they certainly seemed worth looking into, to me.

Reply to
GMM

Because they live in Wales for a start, well known for RAIN. Right in the West where there is the most rain. Any figures they have are not their own. so you are getting them third hand.

I also have been there.

Reply to
harryagain

How are you so sure about that?

Reply to
harryagain

You really are clutching at straws now.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

As have I, and found a refreshing lack of bullsh1t on site.

Information was not always full and freely given, but what was given seemed accurate, and verifiable for that site. They were even honest about the rate of deterioriation of the solar cells, giving me a sensible life expectancy when I asked the question. They didn't even get too upset when I worked out the true cost of their solar photovoltaic roof. Add it all up, assuming a reasonable rate of interest, and it works out at about a pound a unit, allowing for the cost of replacing the bank of lead acid batteries every five years or so and the photocells every couple of decades. Ignoring the environmental damage that recycling the batteries and disposing of the solar cells does, of course.

Reply to
John Williamson