BT, again

Worked for me when I was trying to get a number moved from a BT Business ISDN line to a BT Retail POTS line. Still took an age but at least I had numbers of people in each bit that "took ownership" of the problem and far enough up to authorise things.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Almost everyone has no choice but to use BT landlines, for ADSL if not for voice.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Humm.. I know of a line problem at the moment thats causing a LOT of grief with good ole BT;!..

The "line" is close to being replaced by a long range radio link;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I got an answer from Gavin (or someone pretending to be him) within 2 hours, and a followup email from someone in "Executive Complaints" about 23 minutes after that, promising a followup call tomorrow.

We shall see.

Reply to
Huge

That's pretty much the speed of the response to my Directors email and the follow up phone call did materialise. As yours is "just a line fault" it should be fairly easy for "Executive Complaints" to get BT Openreach to get an engineer working on it PDQ and with instructions not to stop until the fault has been found and corrected. During the call I think I'd be insisting that Total Care is applied to the line ASAP, ie now, though ISTR that you said in came on on 23rd anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

For Residential lines:

Daily line rental refund for total loss of service provided you don't take the divert option or actual financial loss but there are quite a few hoops to jump through for the latter.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

BTDT.

It rains, the line goes noisy, the broadband packs up, the speech line packs up, it stops raining, the speech line comes back noisy, the broadband starts working, the noise stops.

Openreach arrives. No fault found.

Rinse and repeat.

Reply to
Huge

Openreach are mostly fine. With one exception, the engineers are cheerful, helpful, competent people. I have no compliant about them. It's getting to talk to them that's the issue.

(The one exception was the guy who said he needed to go to the exchange, left and never returned. Another engineer came the following day and actually fixed the fault.)

Reply to
Huge

Openreach called at 09:20 this morning to say they'd located & fixed the fault and was there anyone at home to check that the line was now working (there is; me).

What a pity I had to email the CEO to get the kind of service that should be commonplace.

Reply to
Huge

I did wonder what would happen the first time they failed to meet the obligation.

Reply to
Huge

Ah but the only failing is repeated faults in a short time scale being dealt with individually not as one fault. Did you ask the engineer if it was a recuring fault or just an unhappy series of different faults?

The long repair time is what you get with Standard Care on a residential line.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

BTDT as well, but I made sure I reported the fault with crackles going on an got the tellie tubbie to make a note for the engineer that crackles had been heard on the line and it was intermittent.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yep, me too. And I recorded it.

Well, just had a very constructive call from someone (they asked I didn't publicise their name and number) from The Office of the Chairman to follow up on my case. They said I can call them if the line goes down again before the Total Care kicks in.

Result!

Reply to
Huge

The engineer volunteered that it was "a recurring fault".

What I'm complaining about isn't the long repair time, it's the resetting of the clock on each recurrance of what is obviously (and has admitted to be) a recurring fault. The person from BT admitted that "someone should have taken ownership of that."

My thanks to whoever it was gave me the CEO's email address.

Reply to
Huge

Yes but if he was doing HIS job properly ..

.. then you wouldn't have had to mail him directly would you?..

How may other companies do you deal with and have to contact the CEO before a simple problem gets sorted?..

If I have a problem with Zen they, the tech support, fix it I do not have to mail the MD or CEO or anyone else they just sort it!..

Reply to
tony sayer

You're welcome

I have found you can do far worse than emailing the "big cheese" when frustrated!

It came from:

Vortex11

TYVM for that.

Reply to