Brick Tinting

Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been buil

using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brow (circa 1962). Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

thanks in advance

Mar

-- mark harrison

Reply to
mark harrison

| |Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been built |using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brown |(circa 1962). |Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in a |professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

Paint it with thinned down Yoghurt (cheap stuff from your local Asian supermarket), will grow algae and mellow it a bit.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

What colour do you want it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

ISTR on one of the Grand Designs programmes the featured couple built an extension facing a courtyard shared with some orchestra/opera company, who got shirty about the fact it had been built in commons and eventually they were forced to employ a firm who painted the bricks with various mottled/striped patterns to look "posher", seemed OK from TV piccies, but in real life?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The house is a Rustic Multi brick in appearance, this is what we woul like to achieve. Tried some treatment from a company called "Dye Brick" in a rusti brown colour, applied several coats but know where near in visua appearance. Concerned now that we may need to approach the professionals to get th appearance we need. Any ideas ???

Mar

-- mark harrison

Reply to
mark harrison

No, I apologise, I obviously hadn't read your original post properly :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Render the whole bleedin' lot?

'Mile-a-minute' creeper?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I wonder what it would cost to clad it in brick to match the rest of the house. Brickwork isn't desperately expensive but maybe the making good of roof, windows etc would push up the cost a lot

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

eek!

Good idea. It certainly covers everything very quickly.

And bees like it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher