Breakfasr bar height

Our kitchen worktops are 'standard' height: 900mm, but what height should a breakfast bar be? The same as the other surfaces, or higher?

Depends what you'll be sitting on, I'd have thunk.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

ISTM Breakfast bars are higher, if the users are to sit on bar stools at any rate.

Suggest you go round a kitchen showroom with a tape measure.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:07:35 +0100, F mused:

Depends how high your stools are.

Reply to
Lurch

If it's a big dual purpose BB (to be used as worksurface as well) it works well at the same height. You'll need to get suitable stools though. If it's a small eating area that won't be used for anything else, you may want it about 20cm higher. Ours is at 90cm, but it's the biggest area of worktop in the kitchen.

auctions

Stools have yet to be chosen but it sounds as though the best idea is for Management to make that decision before the breakfast bar is fixed.

OldBill