Bosch (formerly Qualcast) Rotrack 320 Blades

Is it possible to successfully sharpen the blades for this mower? (Obviously, assuming not too badly damaged by stones, wire, etc.) Or is it not worth it?

Any tips on technique?

Reply to
polygonum

Dunno about that actual blade, but I have re sharpened similar blades many times. The blade on my old Hayter Harrier is of similar design and it is years old and has been sharpened so many times much of the uplift at the end is lost. As I don't use it much with the grass box this is not an issue. A largish lump came out some while back and I welded it back, building up some of the lost cutting edge at the same time. The cutting edge ground onto the weld actually lasts a lot longer than the original steel.

The only thing to be careful of is balance. After sharpening I balance mine on a nail through the mounting hole. If one end drops dramatically I grind a bit more off until it stays fairly level.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike