Bosch Dishwasher repair

Our 3 year old Bosch dishwasher has developed the following fault: At the end of the cycle, the pump will run continually, even with the door open. Tried a reset, by holding down two of the programme buttons, and this has no effect, other than the "end" LED lighting up. Pulled the unit out to have a look at the pipes etc, and this cured the pump problem, until the end of the next wash cycle, where the problem showed up again. Is the pump on a "timed" cycle at the end of a wash, or is there some sort of sensor that tells the controller when the machine is empty of water?

Cheers

Reply to
popeye2755

Can't be of much help but we had exactly the same problem with our Bosch dishwasher (only a few months old). Lifting the front of the machine cured the problem until the next time. Called for help under the warrantee - the engineer was *very* helpful. Took a few panels off and found water where it shouldn't have been - that was why the pump kept going - he thought it was a leak but couldn't find one. He then siphoned out the water and that cured the problem. He admitted he hadn't found the cause of the problem and said if it happened again to call again - it hasn't :-)

I'm usually full of moans about customer service but can't fault Bosch after sales service - or Comet where we bought it.

Reply to
Hugh Jampton

Its the anti flood system it will have water in the plastic base, remove it find the leak and the problem will be cured

Peter

Reply to
gffftftfuyguyt

Thanks for the replies, pulled the machine out, drained the water, and bingo! Does anyone know how the anti-flood system works? i.e. how does the control system detect that there may be a flood problem?

Ta

P> > > Our 3 year old Bosch dishwasher has developed the following fault:

Reply to
popeye2755

there is a float that rises and operates a microswitch, have you found the cause of the leak ?

Reply to
murrietalker