Bosch dishwasher problem: solenoid voltage?

Bosch dishwasher giving a "Check Water" light. Water supply is fine. Standard solenoid valve on the inlet supply, low resistance on the (240 volt) solenoid. Power it up, and only seeing 85 volts AC on the solenoid supply, which seems odd to me.

Does that sound like the problem, or do these solenoids operate on lower voltage?

TIA

Reply to
Newshound

Perhaps it is switched on by a triac on the PCB. Triac is buggered, and acting as a halfwave rectifier. Is there any reading on the DC range of your meter?

Reply to
Graham.

Very good thinking. I was wondering about checking the DC while walking the dogs. Unfortunately to get at the board I'll have to disconnect the chamber from the base and the pumps, but that theory gives me a good reason to try it. I'll check for DC first.

Newshound