Bookcases

A few years ago you could walk into any shed and buy a tall bookcase - nothing special just veneered chipboard, big capacity, fairly plain, ok for an office type of thing. None of the local ones seem seem to do them anymore. Places like viking want silly money for them. Any other suppliers you can think of?

Reply to
John Rumm

That german or is it a scandinavian firm? does em,they make furniture.

Reply to
George

IKEA

Reply to
Blott

Thats the one. :-)

George

Argos are cheaper than Ikea.

Reply to
George

Yes I bought one from Argos about 4 or 5' high about a year ago

David

Reply to
Lobster

Google says

TMC

of those! ;-) Perhaps it is not as bad as I am expecting!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah, yup, had not thought of them - they do have some that might do. Ta.

Reply to
John Rumm

2 minutes with google:
Bob Mannix

It is.

Trust me...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Stride with purpose and visit when the masses are otherwise occupied, Ikea Billy is _the_ workhorse office bookcase, haven't managed to break one yet.

Reply to
fred

Staples Office Furniture suppliers John at

- they *MAY* have what you want at a reasonable price - depending on which way the wind is blowing and what special offers they are running. :-)

May be worth a look - it's surprising what you can pick there on occassions.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

I went to IKEA once. It was in Bratislava after I had dropped my parents off at the airport. The tour of Auschwitz 2 days earlier was a much happier experience.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Argos flatpack is complete s**te. Don't touch it with a barge pole.

IKEA is extreemly well made for the price - and they do nice hot dogs in store!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh. And lots of attractive women to look at :-)

(last time I was there anyway).

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Just like Argos then... ;-)

Reply to
Lobster

This isn't a branch in Medway, then! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:16:24 GMT, a particular chimpanzee, "George" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

In so many ways!

People diss Ikea; usually those who've never bought furniture from there. The style may be an acquired taste, but the quality can't be faulted. I've had furniture 'n stuff from there for over fifteen years. It's all fitted together perfectly and has lasted years, including several house moves. Indeed, I've just disposed of a wardrobe today (that was surplus to requirements due to me buying new ones) that I bought in 1993 that's survived four moves and Pickford's best efforts to destroy it.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:20:21 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "Bob Mannix" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Hugo Nebula