Bonding Coat

Does anybody know what the difference is between the pink British Gypsum bonding coat plaster you usually get and the grey stuff that occasionally appears ? The grey seems to give a coarser finish which isn't a problem but today I used up my last bag of pink and added a little grey to get the right consistency and the whole lot set in no time flat.

Reply to
Mike

Comes from a different quarry. You usually find some areas of the country get all grey and other areas all pink, but they get mixed up sometimes.

I've not had a bag of grey bonding coat where I live, but I have once had one bag of grey finish coat amongst several pink bags and it was not noticably any different to handle. If your grey bag was old or not stored well, that would make the plaster go off faster.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel