Boiler broke ;-)

ISTR there was a time when some boards came as "new" from the manufacturer that were used, but refurbished. Clean, replace wear&tear parts, repair, wash, done. Used the production line and testers for the "new" parts. (There may a have been a step "run over wave soldering machine" in there too).

I think it was more specialized boards, industrial somethingorother, though -- this from someone who did the testing and repair.

Good'un on the repair.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Think I'll give up. ;-)

Parts arrived and fitted. No difference. The fuse which was blown only feeds the ignition circuit. It is fed straight from the main replaceable PCB fuse. Goes from that via a choke (in both line and neutral) and caps - presumably to block any 'sparks' getting back. Then on to the opto isolator, and finally the connector which is only for the ignition module. Continuity of tracks OK. But still no 240v to the ignition module which suggests to me the optoisolator isn't getting the on command. Yet I can now hear the gas valve open.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Err, they don't. That figure is for a maximum of 4 hours labour and 120 quids worth of parts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I looked up my records - it was in December 2011 that Viessmann UK did a fixed-price repair for mine. I rang them up directly. I guess they've stopped offering that service now :(

The technician came from somewhere around Dartford, if I remember. His card said

David

Reply to
David

It could be it was for a known fault? Some makers do take responsibility for that and offer a lower than normal price for the fix.

AS it happens I've just had a repair man in. Only asked today, and he came a couple of hours later.

He didn't seem that familiar with this model as he thought the fan running full blast when you first power it up wrong. But it's always done that. My guess is it cleans out the combustion chamber before attempting to fire.

He asked for the books that came with it so he could look up the codes. ;-) But the code was EE, and not listed...

He spent some time doing basic checks and reckons it's the gas valve. So has ordered one up. Fingers crossed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)