Boiler and Hot Water Tank in Same Cupboard ?

That was very nice.

Reply to
IMM

About a year ago we had a new condensing boiler and a large hot water tank fitted by a professional heating engineer in the same large airing cupboad (in an en-suite bathroom). While the boiler has its strandard insulation (and I have built a demountable enclosure round it) and the tank has integral insulation, there is still a fair amount of heat leakage. As far as I can tell it mainly comes from the pipework which I have insulated as well as I can, but there are joints in the insulation and valves which are not fully covered. All in all, In summer I am glad that there is a door between the boiler in its cupboard and the bedroom which we can shut to keep the heat in. As far as noise is concerned, one can time the heating circuits to be off for most of the time the bedroom is occupied - we do not have young children.

Reply to
Brian S Gray

What if you only have DeWalt boots?

Reply to
IMM

I think that this is all fair comment, although one does have to consider that other people who might buy the property in the future may have different usage patterns.,

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, bedroom mounted boilers were definitely a negative point for us when looking around properties.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks everyone for your comments on my original question.

As I said in my original post I was only trying to think ahead to the future when the current back boiler needs replacing. I specifically didn't want to get into the "get a combi" argument which was the reason why I only gave details specific to my question. It may well be that when the time comes the tank gets removed and I *do* get a combi but until then that's irrelevant.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Hide