block paving prices in the east

What are current east england block paving/tarmac rates ?

Just got quoted 9.5k for about 200 sq m block paving, spec is 100mm MOT1,

50mm sand, concrete blocks. How does that sound? Before I go quote hunting further what about tarmac, is there much difference?

200sq m is a bit too much for me to to contemplate DIY!

Reply to
dork

I had a quote 40 sq Yards 3995 +vat. Your quote is around half the price of mine..

Darren

Reply to
df

Round here you're looking at about 6k for a regular car sized driveway. I guess a lot depends on whether you go for the cheap and cheerful blocks or the fancier ones.

Work out the material costs, then work out whether you'd be happier to d-i-y or pay someone the difference to do it for you.

Reply to
adder1969

ask them to break quote into labour & materials ... and then see if you can better the materials price.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:36:46 +0100, "Rick Hughes" mused:

And then expect them to say they don't want the job if you come back saying 'I've found the materials cheaper'.

Reply to
Lurch